Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mom

Hey i want to ask prayer from whoever reads this for my sweet Mom, Joyce Apel. She has suffered from hearing loss for the majority of her adult life. Its getting worse now and its affecting her work-ability and normal social life. The deal is that she gets dizzy spells that pretty prevents her from doing anything but laying down. She also hears this roaring sound throughout her head all through the day. I think its almost like a ringing white-noise sound.(just imagine it all day long).
I want to ask you to pray for her. She may get a surgery soon that would remove some excess fluid from her right and the doctors say that her left ear, which is fully deaf, may follow suit and start removing fluid of its own. Kinda healing itself. Pray for her and pray that if this surgery happens that the Doctors are right about all of the stuff i just mentioned.
I have this feeling that one day my mom is going to be able to hear a pin drop in northern Alaska because our God is big and listens to the cries of His people. He moves mountains and calms seas. He creates colossal solar systems and planets. I know her can heal a couple of ears on my mamma's head.
Thanks. I'll keep you updated as i hear more form her and pops.

Mark 11:23-25
"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

I think my mom is just hearing the roar of a lion thats coming soon to save us...

4 comments:

kelly said...

i will definitely be praying for your precious mom. i sympathize with all that she is going through. God is good, and His plan will thoroughly mystify us all with it's greatness in due time.

warm hugs.

Jonathan Gray said...

man we've been praying for a long time - for her and over her - and we look forward to the day that it passes and God heals.

Anonymous said...

mark, my family will defitely be praying. You have such incredible faith, and with all of us praying, this will pass. :)

Anonymous said...

definitely*